Pre-marriage counselling can help you learn more about yourself, your partner and your relationship. Such counselling optimises the success of your married life together and is strongly advised to create a firm, loving foundation for your future life together.
Pre-marriage counselling can include an individual program or a Prepare and Enrich Questionnaire which identifies some of the strengths in your relationship and problematic issues for you to discuss with your partner. There are no “right” or “wrong” answers.
The following topics are suggested for consideration and discussion:
1. Identify and understand the patterns in your relationship so as to develop relationship consciousness
2. Identify and understand your family of origin influences and how these may impact on your relationship
3. Work on effective communication skills, allowing for discussion about goals, needs, wants, expectations, assumptions and children
4. Learn about sexuality and sensuality
5. Reflect on the “business “side of marriage, managing money, and the division of responsibilities
6. Learn how to manage difficult emotions, living with differences, and establishing boundaries
To arrange your first appointment call Jennifer Rosen